The current laws open up the possibility for foreign investors to obtain a residence permit in Portugal. There are many benefits, the main one being that is a simplified and preferential way to enter and stay in Portugal, in addition to the fact that this document also allows any investor to move and work freely throughout the Schengen area (Europe).
What is the purpose?
The main purpose of this visa is to make Portugal more attractive to the attention of investors and in help create jobs. It also aims to put Portugal on the map with overseas countries, to promote real estate investment, international relations and culture, as well as the integration of investors in our country, who will have privileged access to other Portuguese-speaking countries, most of which have growing economies.
Who can apply?
Non-European Nationals looking to invest in the country, either individually or through a company, through one of the following for a minimum period of 5 years:
1. Real estate purchases equal to, or greater than, 500,000 euros
2. Transfer of capital equal to, or greater than, 1 million euros
3. Creating and maintaining at least 10 jobs.
- Passport or other valid form of identification
- Proof of entry and legal permanence in the country
- Proof of Health insurance
- Request for Portuguese Criminal Record inquiry by SEF (Portuguese Immigration and Border Control Office)
- Criminal Record Certificate from country of origin
- Up-to-date Contributions (Tax and Social Security)
Casas do Barlavento will help its clients through the whole process.
For further information, please get in touch with us by filling in this form