This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website   More info

Property Search

Palmares – An exclusive project in a unique location

Palmares resort,plot for sale in lagos,golf course properties,luxury sea view villas,luxury villas in lagos,RCR architects,project of Pritzker Award Winners

The investment in Palmares Beach & Golf Resort is an opportunity of a lifetime in a setting inspired by the philosophy of good living. The 22 plots to develop tailor-built detached villas with 180-degree panoramic views to the ocean were launched in an integrated resort of golf, luxury tourism and supported by 5-star hotel services: “these properties are unique (…) we have the opportunity to develop unique properties with sea views which is very rare”, mentions António Pinto Coelho, Operations General Director of Palmares.


The natural shape of the land is that of an amphitheatre, descending from 70m to sea level, from which you enjoy 180-degree panoramic views. These views take in the estuary, the ocean and the bay of Lagos, in front of which is set the magnificent 27-hole golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones II, already awarded the best golf course in Portugal seven times and considered one of the best top courses in Europe.


The 20 room Boutique Hotel with lounge, restaurant and swimming pool provide the services: “People are interested in checking the lifestyle they could get buying a property in Palmares, usually a good trial is to stay at the hotel, have a meal there and they can have a feeling of what it is like being in the resort. We can take clients in a buggy, to Meia Praia Beach. They have about 2km of beach of their own, they feel like they are on a desert beach. 1


There’s a dream home for everyone at Palmares since the plots present different characteristics and prices: “We have plots with a more panoramic view, they have more ocean atmosphere. We have plots that are closer to the estuary of Alvor so they will feel the tides coming in and out; and you have some other plots that are golf frontline. The cost on the land starts around 700,000€ up to 1.800,000. Depending on the type of sea view you want.”1


The average plot size is 3,430m2 (36.920ft2) to project luxury detached villas from 340m2 to 500m2 (3.660ft2 to 5.380ft2), not including terraces, balconies, garage or storage rooms. There are three different options of construction, to suit the clients’ preference:


1.       A Project Manager available to start construction immediately, to finish a villa in 2 years (“we have some clients that when they are buying a plot they want to develop as soon as possible so we have project management, the teams ready to help people doing all these projects so they can do this as soon as possible”1);


2.       The option of buying the land and develop years later (“We have people that want to develop villas but they want to wait a couple of years for their retirement before they start their project, and that is possible” 1):


3.       Turn-key villas developed by Palmares. “we are about to launch a third option (…) we are going to develop a finished solution for people that just want to buy and step into their villa and swim in their pool as soon as possible” 1).


By the hand design of the 2017 Pritzker Award Winners RCR architects these plots will be projected with a strong sense of place and are powerfully connected to the surrounding landscape. RCR architects are also developing a new clubhouse which will be the heart of “the resort where you will have 180 degrees of sea view, with views to the estuary, with views towards the bay. We are going to start the construction next spring to finish in the spring 2020. The second project that we are developing together with RCR is a couple of clusters of apartments. These apartments will have a direct link to the clubhouse. All the time they will be apartments with hospitality services, and they’ll have the option to buy to let.” 1


The master plan for the resort was made carefully, taking into account the area’s natural beauty – “the most special feature of Palmares is what mother nature gave us. So, we want to take advantage of this”:


·         Total construction density is just 5.7%.

·         Neighbouring plots are positioned to protect ocean views.

·         Strict height limits on all plots: 81% of buildings have just 2 floors, while the remaining 19% have 3 floors.

·         Strict construction parameters to protect the sea views.


It is an exclusive project that Casas do Barlavento is proud to present to you. Contact us to book your inspection visit and see for yourself one of the last opportunities to live in a unique location. 


1 António Pinto Coelho, in an interview for Casas do Barlavento.